||Announced on April 29, 2022, and effective on July 1, 2023.
||Subject: Establishing “The restriction on the production, importation, and sales of plate packaging materials, regulated recyclable containers, and non-plate disposable tableware containers which contain Polyvinylchloride (PVC)” which will take effect
since 07/01/23 (MM/DD/YY).
Reference: Article 21 of the Waste Disposal Act.
- Terminologies in this announcement are as follows:
- Plate packaging materials: It refers to the plastic lining, blister, and plate containers that should be recycled in accordance with Paragraph 2, Article 15 of this Act.
- Plastic lining: It refers to the topless packaging material that is used as cushion and protection of the substances or products filled inside; it is restricted to which requires outer packaging and cannot be filled independently to become a commodity.
- Blister: It refers to the processed PVC plate that is used as cushion and protection of the substances or products filled inside and makes the display of the product easier.
- Regulated recyclable containers : It refers to regulated recyclable containers in accordance with Table 2 of Paragraph 2, Article 15 of this Act.
- Regulated recyclable non-plate disposable tableware containers : It refers to regulated recyclable non-plate disposable tableware containers in accordance with Table 1 of Paragraph 2, Article 15 of this Act.
- Manufacturing industry: It refers to those engaged in manufacturing commodities.
- Import industry: It refers to the industry engaged in the importatin of commodities.
- Sales business: It refers to those engaged in the wholesale, retail, gifting, or prize exchange business.
- The plate packaging materials, resignated recyclable containers, and non-plate disposable tableware which contain PVC restricted by this announcement is limited to those filled with the following commodities:
- Food, animal food, and feeds: It refers to products that are edible for humans or animals. However, health foods specified by the Food and Drug Administration are excluded.
- Dairy products: It refers to foods made from milk, processed milk, or milk powder.
- Seasoning, vinegar, and salt: It refers to products used to prepare food.
- Edible fat and oil: Refer to edible animal and vegetable fats and oils, mixtures or processed products.
- Beverage: It refers to alcoholic-free water, and beverages containing sugar or other sweeteners or spices.
- Mineral water, pure water, distilled water, and other packaged drinking water: It refers to packaged water that is filled with mineral water, pure water, distilled water, and other raw materials.
- Alcohol: It refers to the alcohol defined in the Tobacco and Alcohol Administration Act.
- Medicinal liquor: It refers to those having obtained the medicinal product license from the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Oral solution of amino acids and multiple vitamins: It refers to oral solutions made from amino acids and multiple vitamins.
- Those who use plate packaging materials, regulated recyclable containers, and non-plate disposable tableware containers which contain PVC for the commodities stated in the preceding paragraph, except for those already manufactured or imported before
07/01/23 (MM/DD/YY), manufacturing industry, importing industry, and sales industry are prohibited from manufacturing, importing, and selling it.
- The recognition of production or importation date is done by the preceding rules.
- Production date : recognize in accordance with the production date labeled on the product or the estimation based on the expiration date.
- Importation date : recognize in accordance with the date recorded on the import declaration.